What do WE (the Club) need to do after buying these goodies?
Note: The following is a VERY BASIC script for your scoreboard adventure. A more thorough detailed script will be available through our Knowledge-base.
This will scare some of you, and excite others.
By breaking things down, this BIG project will become smaller, with less-daunting tasks, to be completed one at a time.
- Just like any week at your sports club, you need to pick a TEAM.
A Scoreboard-Build team.
- Set up a meeting to discuss the following.
- Select a location
- Discuss with the site owner (council)
- Ask what is required from you
- Obtain Planning authority for that location
- Once the location is confirmed
- Draw up a location document
- This will form part of the permit/s
- If you need help with this then we can do this for you
- Get the underground services scan
- To assure you will not damage anything (including yourself)
- Note: this basic script sample suits a free-standing scoreboard, not a scoreboard built into an existing structure (what we call a retrofit).
- Get a Soil Test, now known as a Geotechnical Report.
- Obtain Certified Engineering to suit your scoreboard & site.
- Acquire drafting and shop-drawings.
- Apply for a Building Permit (it is now very rare that you do not need one).
Start the Fun Stuff
- Arrange a steel company/fabricator to fully build your steel frame.
- The word "fully" is used as there could be several components to plan, ie. steel procurement, fabrication, galvanising. These might be from different sources.
- Meet with a club sparky to arrange power & costs
- Arrange someone to handle the scoreboard footings. Once again this could involve several sources.
- Sparky will need to be involved to trace cables through the footing.
- Note that concrete footings usually need 1 week to cure (set).
- Plan transport of the steel to site.
- Plan transport of your LED panels from DIYS (DIY Scoreboards).
- Arrange a crane and access equipment (scissor or boom lift).
- Organise a handy team with building experience.
- Check weather (rain/wind), confirm the install date and all involved
- GET INTO IT :) :) :) :) :)
- Follow DIYS instructions to install your screen.
- Get the sparky to handle the power (and any data feeds).
- TURN IT ON!!
- Take a pic of your team in front of the scoreboard and send to DIYS.
- There will usually be some minor tweaking to your screen and layouts by our eager team at DIYS. We'll log in and sort while you are there.
- Arrange a time to get your team in front of the computer, for a FREE remote training session with DIYS.